Monday Morning Loves0
1. Charlaine Harris books. Vampires, werewolves, and fairies, oh my! No, I'm not talking about Twilight. The Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris is a paranormal romance precursor to the Twilight saga, and in my opinion, much better! Sookie Stackhouse is just your average telepath barmaid, until she falls in love with the vampire, Bill Compton. Bill and Sookie tumultuous romance is at the heart of the series, as is Bill's sheriff, Eric Northman. It's light and funny, passionate and romantic and sometimes bloody. The supernatural world that Harris creates makes for compelling character and fantastic plotlines. The series is also the basis for the hit TV show, True Blood.
2. Scene It? This board games combines two of my loves...movies and trivia! It's a fast-paced, DVD driven trivia game that makes for great group fun. Although most groups have refused to play with me, as I keep beating them. Recently, I got FRIENDS Scene It? and that's just as enjoyable!
3. datz Deli. This South Tampa deli is one of my favorite stops. Their diverse sandwich menu and delicious drink options really make it a gold mine! From beer and wine tastings, to lunch time cook-it-yourself meals, datz also has a great selection of social events for the South Tampa scene. And I would drive across town for their homemade potato chips alone. Seriously.
4. Starburst Jellybeans. Best. Jellybeans. Ever. So flavorful, and no bean gets left behind because of weird flavors [like JellyBellys]. I can eat these all the time. And it's probably a good thing that I don't! They keep popping up around Easter, at tea parties and baskets, and I'm glad. I get my years fill, and then I'm done. Because I could eat them year round! So yummy!
5. Etsy. Etsy is your one-stop shop for anything and everything homemade. From jewelry to clothes to furniture to accessories, Etsy has it all. And everything is so unique, because it's handmade and usually one of a kind. It's the first place I look for the friend that's tough to shop for. My Etsy purchases have ranged from necklaces to knitted coffee cup cozies to decorative flowers made from recycled computer parts. I've had several creative friends put their craft up for sale on Etsy and have discovered some great creativity on there as well. Check it out, and be prepared...it's addicting!